RYSA strives to provide a positive experience for developing players and coaches who have the desire and commitment to excel in the sport of soccer. Our goal is to make it fun, and instill in young players a lifelong passion for the sport.
RYSA Way: FUAD Scholarship
Fuad Mansour, the "Father of Rochester Youth Soccer,” was very instrumental in the growth and popularity of soccer in the Rochester community. Fun, participation, volunteerism and skill development were his basic tenets. The Board of Directors of the Rochester Youth Soccer Association has sought to follow these tenets and, in so doing, wish to continue honoring Fuad for his lifetime of giving to the Rochester area soccer community. RYSA recognizes graduating high school seniors who have contributed to their communities through soccer. This year, RYSA will award up to five scholarships, from $250-$1000, to individuals who have consistently demonstrated Fuad's "heart" of volunteerism. Possible volunteer opportunities include things such as coaching, being a committee member, a registration assistance, providing field maintenance or equipment, or being a referee. Application for the scholarship takes place during the senior year of high school.
Applicants should be students who are:
- Graduating high school seniors
- Planning to attend additional schooling immediately after high school
- Contributors to the soccer community through volunteerism
- Coaches: Make sure the youth assistants are registered.
- Parents: Encourage your child to volunteer and document activities.
- Youth: During the middle school and high school, volunteer, get registered as a coach and document activities (i.e. what, where, when, names, etc.)
Scholarship should be used to continue applicant's education at a two-year or four-year college/university.
- Click here for the Application, print it, and complete it in a timely and professional fashion.
- Attach at least two letters of recommendation which attest to your involvement in soccer.
- Return all materials to:
Rochester Youth Soccer Association
380 Woodlake Drive SE
Rochester, MN 55904
- Application deadline March 1st, 2014
- Recipients Chosen by May 1st, 2014
Thank you for your efforts in completing these requirements. We hope you will continue to contribute in your community and that you, in some way, stay active in soccer.
RYSA Fuad Mansour Scholarship Recipients
|2011-2012||Hannah Hughes, Henry Ishitani|
|2009-2010||Sara Backlund, Cassandra Bushman, Lauren Spohn and Julia Werning|
|2008-2009||Christina Mangan, Michael Movall, Justin Poe and Rachel Root|
|2007-2008||Katherine (K.C.) Beed, Nicole Brandt, Kor Cha, Alex Kuehl and Catherine Quinones|
|2006-2007||Susan Bielick, Megan Hermsmeier, Hans Herness, and Kathryn Zschunke|
|2005-2006||Portia Holtegaard, Makayla Lorsung, Greg Lucas, Paul Stellpflug and Melissa Tousley|
|2004-2005||Leslie Collins and Dan Beck|
|2003-2004||Meg O'Neill and Faith Dunn|
|2002-2003||Grant Collins and Jessica Yetzer|
|2001-2002||Nick Thompson and Catherine O'Neill|
|2000-2001||Meghan Kane and Kate Suchomel|
|1999-2000||Kristen Floryance and Stefan Streit|
|1998-1999||Leah Prendergast and Mike Rainey|
|1997-1998||Ryan Mcdonnell and Heather Fairclough|
|1996-1997||Edward Stenehjem and Matthew Rickert|