Lesson Plans and Ideas
Please find below links that reference state websites across the entire United States. We have sifted through all of the state websites, and have provided you the most useful information below. There is a lot of information that is pertinent to both the Recreation Coach and the Competitive Coach. You will find training sessions and articles that will help develop your knowledge of all aspects of the game (Technical, Tactical, Physical and Psychological).
Join over 40,000 coaches from over 70 countries and visit worldclasscoaching.com for FREE weekly articles of drills and exercises.
US Soccer has just released (April 2011) their Curriculum on how to develop young players. They also have their best practices manual, which is something we do follow at the moment (under resources).
- http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/index.html (for coaches and players)
- http://www.thefa.com (England Football Association)
- http://www.insidemnsoccer.com (All soccer news in MN and beyond)
- http://www.mlssoccer.com (Highest professional level in the US)
- http://www.scienceofsocceronline.com (research based articles)
- http://www.zonalmarking.net (tactical analysis of the Pro game using diagrams)
- http://www.teamtalk.com (soccer news)
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/default.stm (soccer news)
- http://coerver.com (read more about the coerver method)
- http://www.gtsoccer.com (scroll down for videos of moves, tricks etc)